How to access your Freestyle files from home
You can access your Freestyle Account files from your home Apple computer. (If you are at Freestyle and are using your own lpatop, make sure your laptop is connected to the Freestyle Wi-Fi otherwise the below instructions won't work.) Here's how to connect to with your computer to access your Freestyle account files.
From Apple computers at home or at Freestyle
MVLA District firewall rules currently won't allow Windows PCs to have access like this because it's too much of a security threat to the PC computers on the district network. Look up Port 548 issues if you're curious.
1. Go to Finder
2. Type Command+K or go to Go > Connect to Server ...
3. In the top field, type in afp://accounts.freestyle.mvla.net exactly as shown below
4. Click on Connect. Connecting can take a few minutes depending upon network traffic and internet connection speed from your location. Be patient.
5. In the subsequent window (assuming you're not already connected), enter your UsernamE and password just like you do when logging into one of the computers at Freestyle.
6. Click on Connect
7. Choose the shared folder with your name like the example below with LeoF - your name will show up instead.
8. Click OK and you should be able to access your files in Finder.
9. If you are on a public computer that many people use, you must remember to DISCONNECT from the server, otherwise anyone other than you can mess with your files. You can disconnect form your account in a Finder window similar to ejecting an external hard drive.