Web Production / Audio Engineering
Project 5: Profile Requirements
The purpose of this individual Profile Project is to showcase your work in writing, digital photography, graphic design, audio engineering and web production. The design of your Profile Website is entirely up to you but with some guidelines below. The audience for your website is the world. When completed, the general public will be invited to attend an Exhibition of your website.
The applications you will use for this project, at the minimum, include Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Digidesign Pro Tools, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Dreamweaver.
Deadline for a complete and working version of your Profile Website posted on the webserver is the Friday prior to your Profile Presentations.
- Introduction to your Profile Person - text, images and a link to display a screenshot video of you performing your Profile Presentation. You will record a screenshot video in the IsoBooth or Studio of you performing your Profile Presentation, the video will be posted on Freestyle's YouTube Channel and you can use YouTube's iFrame embed code to showcase presentation - more details HOW to do this on this page.
- A photogallery of at least 16 photos - thumbnails display a larger version with caption
- A link that opens in a new window to your Design Class Magazine Article posted up on Freestyle's Issuu.com account.
- Create a PDF or single pages (NOT spreads) of your InDesign Magazine Article with filename of
- Your link to apply to and image or text to activate the display of the Magazine Article would be
obviously with YOUR firstname and last name instead
- Media Feature Video - using YouTube's iFrame embed code, you will showcase your Media Feature Video with these elements
- You reading your adapted Profile Paper in your own voice
- Interview audio from your 3 profile interview sources weaved in as appropriate
- Photographs from your interactions with all your interview sources
- Graphic designs from After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Use After Effects with MOTION GRAPHIC EFFECTS to present all audio and images - similar to this example.
Other requirements include:
- A single webpage with various sections
Dependent file organization
- Websites/profile.html so that your URL to your Profile Website becomes http://www.freestyle.mvla.net/~UsernamE/profile.html
- Your CSS Style Sheet saved as such: Websites/project5/p5-ProfileStyles.css
- All graphics and images saved in Websites/project5/images
- All media (audio and video) saved in Websites/project5/media
- A few redirect files so that the viewer always ends up to the Websites/profile.html page
- Websites/project5/images/index.html redirects to Websites/profile.html
- Websites/project5/media/index.html redirects to Websites/profile.html
- Websites/project5/pages/index.html redirects to Websites/profile.html
- Websites/project5/LOCAL_ONLY/index.html redirects to Websites/profile.html
- Websites/project5/index.html redirects to Websites/profile.html
Optional: Music (preferably original) as background music to website - see this page on HOW to do this.
Proper copyright notice on every page
Appropriate page title for browser
- Must be able to navigate from one section to any other section with content fade out/in effects or content vertical or horizontal slide effects
- Must have a hover effect
- Must include a short SFX
Assessment for this project will include
- Completion of content requirements listed above for each page
- Use of the web design concept: Contrast
- Use of the web design concept: Repetition
- Use of the web design concept: Alignment
- Use of the web design concept: Proximity
- Use of the web design concept: Usability
- Participation in class website critiques